Saturday, August 27, 2011

Ohh Snap!

While visiting Boston last month, I popped into Urban Outfitters at Faneuil Hall. UO definitely brings out the kid in me...I can barely get past the front entrance where they are always stocked with artful, quirky books, must-have tchotchkes, and some funny gag gifts.  I spent a good hour in that section alone while my Pea waited patiently outside on a bench for me.

It didn't take long before I stumbled across these little Lego cuties. UO is offering a series of individual "minifigures."  I grew up on Legos and just HAD to have at least 2 of them. This is what the packs looked like...

Collectibles at UO...get 'em while you can!

Boy, Legos sure have come a long way since my time!  I will forever love their C-shaped hands that could cleverly snap onto and hold a mug or a stick of some sort. So lookie now...times have changed and the assortment of accessories and themes have certainly evolved with the times.  I'm sending this hip snowboarder to my sister, Nan, who lives a charmed and active life out in Aspen...it had her name written all over it!

Check out her C-grip, holdin' her very own snowboard. :)


Isn't this one adorable, too?  "Ahoy, Matey...I seeeeee you!!!"



So plainly, my love for Legos is true.  Maybe I took my affinity for them a little too far when I opted for a Lego-esque, snap-on hairdo a few years back.  Take a look...

No hairspray necessary.  Definitely don't need to worry about any fly-aways here!

The photo above was taken in 2006 when my hair grew back with a vengeance post-chemo!  It was the most luxurious hair I had ever owned...brand-spanking new, black, soft, full and ever-so-helmet-like.  I swear that's the way it grew in...I had to let it take its course.

Uncanny resemblance to this, right?!!!



I remember my sister, Nan was visiting circa Fall of 2006 and apparently the last time she had seen me, I had zero hair on my head.  She looked at me, wide-eyed with a big ol' smile on her face and blurted out, "Omigod, Jay...is that a WIG?!!!

Really, Nan...do you think anyone would even sell a wig that looked like a snap-on Lego hair piece, never mind me buying one?!!! 

Me:  Nope, Nan...this is my real hair.  (Gotta love that girl...I truly do!)

2 comments:

  1. JJ, this entry is HI-larious! How did I not know that you had a Lego passion?? That snowboarding girl is sooo Nan and the snap-on hair...priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love legos, egirl. i actually think i love all things that remind me of my childhood and to no surprise, nan happens to be a part of many of those memories. thank you for reading!

    ReplyDelete