Monday, August 22, 2011

Feeling Blue?

I found some lovely flax-colored linen canvases at one of my favorite art supply stores.  Even with nothing on them, they are sweet, comforting and organic.  Sometimes, white is just too stark for me so I grabbed a few of these in different sizes.  I tend to be a lover of most things small AND I like to group my "stuff" by color.  And so it began...I started to collect on this canvas.


Soon enough, this is what evolved...a medley of little, vintagey-colored "blues," everything from perfectly letterpressed cards to a short twine of baker's string...hand-embroidered fabric to one of my most-used Washi tapes.  It's become such an easy, non-committal way of creating eye candy, a mood board and inspiration.  The best part is that it's not forever. Next month, I feel some "Yellow Fever" coming on!

Here, have a closer look..."PAPER OBSESSED" - That just says is all! 
Now on to my next cluster of favs.  Enjoy these last days of summer and the blue skies that come with it!  

2 comments:

  1. How in the world did this gorgeous post get by me?!

    Looks like someone went to the head of the fabulous blogger class, ummm, YOU.
    Love your color grouping and photo. Can't wait to see more...

    xoxo,
    K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi pallie! did you happen to notice the tiny, little turquoise silver wheel score at 12 o'clock that i was overly obsessed with during our last conversation?!! thank you for your note...i must send you one of these canvases. they have changed my life! xo

    ReplyDelete