Thursday, July 7, 2011

My Very 1st Guest Blogger...

I told you she was the goods!  Take a peek at Kristi's post.  Her words are beyond kind and they lit up my world as I reminisced through her memories of my Mom and our childhood.  Kris and Jing definitely have a special connection.

I remember I ran away from home one day...all the way to Kingsland Point Park (Mile Tracker: 0.8mi).  So, yes...I was officially "on the lam" all because Jing wouldn't let me have a sleepover somewhere.  My rebellious act slowly seemed like not such a great idea after all.  It started to rain.  When I finally reached my destination, I found coverage in the telephone booth (how dated and nostalgic).  Luckily, I came prepared and dropped a dime into the pay phone.  I called Kris to "boo hoo" about how wicked and crappy my Mom was.  Our talk was short...whaddya expect for ten cents?  The next minutes were...well, BORING!  Other than just hangin' out by the most awesome swing set ever (which actually was more like an upper-body and hamstring workout), there was not much going on at Kingsland in the rain. Oh, and did I mention that hunger was starting to set in, too (::panic::)?!  I eventually found some coverage by the super duper smelly public restrooms, which I believe was the major turning point in my runaway efforts.  "What the...?!!!  Why am I hiding out in a desolate, soggy and now odiferous park?  Will anyone be looking for me here?!!"  Yeeeaaahhhh, probably not.

So, I started to head home...back to good ol' Manor Close.  I walked the windy, infamous Riverside Drive with squinted eyes, trying to see through the rain.  Then out of no where, appeared Jing!  With an umbrella in hand, here came Jing...what a sight for sore eyes that wicked Jing was!!!  ;)

See, here she is and don't let the guy on the left fool you either!
Hmmmm, I wonder who could've tipped her off?!!  Here, lemme give you a hint...

Love YOU, Kris!!!
 

3 comments: