Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Someone really LOVES me...













So...not many people can say they have their very own little "Martha." Well, I happen to be one of the lucky ones!


The other day, the post master left a post card in my post office box (I swear this isn't a riddle). I had received a package! Thankfully, my friend, Karen who I share a PO box with retrieved it for me. She texted me, "You got another piece of handmade mail!" When I saw that it was a package from my friend, Deanna I knew it had to be good...or better yet, ridiculous! Deanna is one of those crafty gals who pays attention to every detail...the details that 9 out of 10 of us would never notice. I suppose those skills come from being a textile designer. I carefully opened the box and pulled out this perfectly packaged, homemade, Valentine's Day s'mores kit....WHUUUUDDDD?!!! As you can see, the cellophane wrapping is still in tact...as tempted as I am to rip through the wrapping so I can study each carefully picked and placed ingredient, I also don't want to mess up the presentation of it. So, here goes a description of everything which sits ever-so-neatly in this amazing giftie:

  • a scalloped, die-cut, letterpressed label that says "VALENTINE" on it, tied with brown and white "old school" bakery string

  • the perfect, simple HERSHEYS bar

  • a stack of graham crackers tightly wrapped in wax paper

  • a set of wooden skewers in a wax sleeve. tied with the same "old school" string

  • 9 cute-as-heck, squishy, pink and white, heart-shaped marshmallows

  • a letterpressed valentine day card

Between Deanna's thoughtful and creative ways, she brightens my day every time I receive something from her in the mail. Snail mail is totally the way to go to make someone feel super loved...thank you, D!!!


2 comments:

  1. Oh Wow!
    What wonderful hand made mail that is! I love all of the little details. Luckeeeee.
    I feel lucky to have my own Martha mailer, YOU! (and Ei ;)
    You've sent me some pretty amazing creations; perfection down to the littlest detail. Thank you for all of my postal surprises over the years.
    Here's to mailing & receiving little treasures.
    k.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure wish I could read some more posts on your blog... hint... hint... ;)

    ReplyDelete