Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Local inspiration...eye candy!







So, these images are a little old...I forgot I had them on my camera! None-the-less, they were soooo worthy of posting on my blog. There is a little, sliver of a gallery in Tarrytown called Eyebuzz ( www.eyebuzzfineart.com ). For those of you who love all things small, this space takes the cake. The owners of the gallery hand select artists and artwork to be displayed, each show with a different and unique theme. Back in the Spring of '09, they hosted a show featuring artwork by Jennifer Judd-McGee. How impressive!!! Her artwork featured a variety of collage work using paper, paint, and meticulous yet playful line-drawings...some were prints and others original work created on canvas-like blocks of wood...just beautiful! I made a point to study each one, literally with my nose just inches away from each piece...they were that interesting, that intricate and that cute!!! These 2 images were my favorite. I talked myself out of purchasing either of them with the sneaky thought of trying to copy her style, ideas and concepts myself so please do not forward this blog link to the artist...I would have a rather uncomfortable time explaining myself for sure!!!

I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment