Sunday, November 13, 2011

This is why I love the Northeast...

Let's try something new...no pictures to post, just use your visualization skills. So, close your eyes.  OK, pretend to close 'em...


Flying up the Merritt at 53mph (I know...reckless!).
I can't wipe the smile off my face.
The treetops make me happy, resembling a cluster of my favorite colors which used to be found in a 64 pack of Crayola crayons - Burnt Sienna, Maize, Goldenrod and Raw Umber.
A dead, furry fox in the middle of the road, his fluffy Amber tail still blowing in the wind.
Little by little, mile by mile the trees begin to look naked, and the next town over is now visible between their trunks.
The shoulders along the parkway look like a Goldschlager bottle before its been shaken, a twinkling of golds covering the ground.
A hawk (or maybe an over-sized crow?!! I'm sorry, my Lasik procedure is nearing its expiration date) glides above in what appears to be slow motion, wings spanned wide.
This is what I love.
This is what inspires me.


No comments:

Post a Comment